It is our 5th annual Race to Empower. The race is held in October, Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) to do just that… raise awareness, but also to give the community an opportunity to help us raise funds for the much needed services and programs we provide, that are always free, private, and confidential.
A Woman’s Place (AWP) has a mission, and it states that we are “committed to the empowerment of women…”. Our race embodies that mission, and this year we created The Empowerment Project to also help us to continue moving towards it’s fulfillment. The Empowerment Project includes 12 different programs, six for adults, and six for teens. Each one offers a different area to help strengthen, and empower the participants. The groups meet once a month, are open to all, and completely free, including all materials. Each meeting covers new information, and you can join at anytime.
Our Race to Empower is more important than ever. Did you know:
- 1 in 3 women, 1 in 3 teens, and 1 in 4 men experience violence in their relationships.
- A Woman’s Place is the only domestic violence organization in Bucks County.
- Each year, A Woman’s Place touches more than 20,000 lives across Bucks County by providing safe options, prevention education, and opportunities for empowerment.
- A Woman’s Place delivers comprehensive programs and services in Upper, Central, and Lower Bucks communities.
- Safe, smart, and empowered individuals build the economic, social, and educational strength of a community.
We are hoping you will want to join AWP and our Young Adult Advisory Board (YAAB) in our Race to Empower, by signing up for one or more of The Empowerment Project’s groups, registering to run or walk for our Race to Empower, getting a team to run or walk with you, or by becoming a sponsor for the event.
We need your help to win the race! Won’t you please join us in the…Race to Empower!